Notice and Takedown Policy
Appfarm respects the rights of intellectual property holders, the ideals of data protection set out in GDPR and other personal data frameworks, and requires lawful and ethical use of the Appfarm Platform. This policy establishes a procedure for handling reported intellectual property infringements or other breaches of Appfarm policies. Appfarm may update this policy at any time. Changes will be clearly stated in the revision history log.
Due to the nature of Appfarm Create, where the developer is free to develop virtually any type of software application, Appfarm cannot accept a comprehensive and general obligation to monitor the use of, and the substance of, content created and stored using the Appfarm Platform. However, Appfarm agrees to address any breach of Appfarm policies, including any breach of law or breach or infringement of third-party rights, where it is properly notified of such a breach or infringement. Any such action will be made in accordance with the procedures laid out in this policy.
Appfarm will respond to proper written notices of an alleged infringement. As part of the response Appfarm may remove or disable access to allegedly infringing content stored on the Appfarm Platform. Appfarm reserves the right to suspend or terminate the offending user account and/or Appfarm Solution upon confirmation of a policy breach or infringement.
If you believe that any content stored or accessible on or through the Appfarm Platform constitutes an infringement of intellectual property or other breach of Appfarm policies, you are encouraged to send a notice of infringement containing the following information to [email protected]:
- Identification of the type of infringement which you believe has occurred (for example violation of intellectual property rights, infringement of the GDPR provisions, use of illegal and unethical content, etc.);
- Identification of the content that is alleged to be infringing with sufficient detail to enable Appfarm to locate and verify its existence;
- Your contact information, including your name, telephone number, and email address; and,
- A statement that the information provided in the notice is accurate.
If the notice refers to a violation of intellectual property rights, you must also include the following:
- Identification of the intellectual property right you allege has been infringed;
- If you are not the owner of the intellectual property right, a description of your affiliation to the intellectual property holder;
- A statement that you are authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property right; and
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the intellectual property right or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property right.
Note that the information provided in a notice of infringement may be forwarded to the user who uploaded or distributed the allegedly infringing content.
Following receipt of a proper written notification, Appfarm will promptly notify the affected user that the data or content may be removed or have access to it disabled.
14.12.22: Document published.