Email, SMS, and Integrated Messaging and Notification Policy
This policy outlines acceptable use and specifies limitations of the integrated messaging and notification services in Appfarm Create. These services include email, SMS, push notifications, and other messaging or notification components made available in, or created using Appfarm Create. Throughout this policy, we will use the term “Messaging Services” to refer to these services and “Message” to refer to an individual notification or message.
In general, Appfarm expects developers to follow industry best practices. Notification and Messaging Services should use “privacy first” principles, with appropriate consent from users. Sender information and message content must be clear and accurate. You must respect opt-out and unsubscribe requests and facilitate the processing of such requests where appropriate. Bulk messaging should be used sparingly and must be tested vigorously.
You may not assist, encourage, or otherwise enable other users or third parties in a manner that would breach or infringe upon this policy. If Appfarm determines that you have breached this policy, or acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of this policy, Appfarm may suspend or terminate your access to Messaging Services or ultimately suspend or terminate your access to the Service.
If you become aware of a breach of this policy, you must report it in accordance with the Notice and Takedown Policy. Appfarm may update this policy at any time. Changes will be clearly stated in the revision history log.
You may not use Messaging Services to engage in, or in any way facilitate, the following actions:
- Sending spam. Spam is unsolicited Messages and can be in the form of bulk Messages or one-to-one commercial Messages.
- Any activity or conduct that is, or is likely to be, in breach of any applicable laws, codes, or regulations, including data privacy laws.
- Sending Messages to third-party mailing lists, or lists that have been purchased, rented, or otherwise shared with you.
- Sending email or SMS validation or re-engagement campaigns.
- Using any misleading or incorrect names, addresses, email addresses, subject lines, or other information in a Message.
You are required to follow these guidelines when using the Messaging Services.
- You must respect the limits to Messaging Services as specified in your Subscription Agreement and any other agreements entered into with Appfarm, as well as other policies in effect.
- In general, Messaging Services are to be used for transactional Messages. Non-transactional usage (commercial or marketing Messages) is permitted on the condition that you can document that the recipients have provided active consent to receive that specific type of communication in line with applicable privacy laws.
- Non-transactional Messages must include a clear and easy method for unsubscribing and unsubscribe requests must be honored without delay.
- You must use clean contact lists which contain valid and accurate email addresses and phone numbers.
You may not use Notification and Messaging Services with content, or in a manner that:
- is harassing, stalking, threatening, abusive or defamatory;
- is false, deceptive or misleading;
- contains indecent, vulgar, obscene or otherwise unlawful material;
- harvests or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- is not a good faith use of Notification and Messaging Services;
- promotes, encourages or facilitates: hate speech, violence, discrimination based on race, colour, sexual orientation, marital status, gender or identity expression, parental status, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship and/or any other characteristic protected by law;
- constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes or relates in any manner to child pornography, bestiality, non-consensual sex acts or otherwise unlawfully exploits persons under 18 years of age;
Appfarm does not guarantee that Messages sent using the Notification and Messaging Services will be delivered to the given recipient. Neither you nor the intended recipient will be notified if the given Message is not delivered or is delivered to the incorrect recipient. Appfarm takes no responsibility for any damages arising from the incorrect delivery of Messages.
While the Notification and Messaging Services are facilitated by Appfarm, you are responsible for any Messages sent. Third-party service providers are used for delivering these services, and Appfarm cannot guarantee the availability or service levels of those services.
You can send up to 500 emails per month using the integrated email component. If you wish to send emails in excess of this limit, you must configure a custom service provider.
Emails sent using the integrated email component are permanently deleted from Appfarm’s databases after 24 hours. Email log information is deleted after five days. You should strongly consider implementing your own procedures for logging the details and content of sent emails.
You can send up to 50 messages per day and up to 500 messages per month using the integrated SMS component. Refer to the Appfarm documentation for information on how the amount and type of characters can affect the number of messages sent. If you wish to send SMS in excess of this limit, please contact your Customer Success Manager or [email protected].
SMS sent using the integrated SMS component are permanently deleted after 30 days. You should strongly consider implementing your own procedures for logging the details and content of sent SMS.
Push notifications should be used to augment the experience of your app and should not be used as the sole channel for delivering information that is considered important or time critical. You must not include any sensitive or confidential information in a push notification. Push notifications are based on the capabilities of Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) in the context of native desktop and mobile operating systems. Appfarm cannot guarantee the availability of push notifications.
Push notifications sent using the integrated push notification component are not stored. You should strongly consider implementing your own procedures for logging the details and content of sent push notifications.
Push Notifications are supported on iOS from version 16.4 as well as all newer Android versions. The support in Appfarm for push notifications to iOS will be supported from Appfarm version 23.4, scheduled to be released september 2023.
14.12.22: Document published.